Wednesday, June 27, 2007

EASY DOES IT: FREE BURNISHING TOOL

Here's a freebie tool that does as good a job as one you pay hard-earned money for...plus you'll be recycling, and that's another bonus. Check out the twist caps on bottles of water or soft drinks and save a couple that have smooth, flat tops. Stick your index finger into the cap and burnish edges, backs and fronts when layering. Quick, easy and FREE!

And an edit: Cover fragile papers with a piece of scrap vellum when burnishing. The bottle cap will slide easily on the slick vellum, and it's sturdy enough to protect a fragile surface. Sorry I forgot this when I first posted the tip.

3 comments:

Mary O.K. said...

What a great tip, Nancy! I have always had trouble with leaving marks/ridges/scratches from burnishing with my bone folder-- this works beautifully and is much gentler! (And free is always good!)
~Mary

Nancy Ward said...

Mary,

You reminded me of somehing I should have included...cover fragile papers with a piece of scrap vellum when burnishing.

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this great tip! It works great for rub ons...just tried it. I almost bought one of those tools especially for rub ons.